Good citizens do not end up with bad leaders. Bad leaders don’t just happen; they win elections when people vote without the full understanding of who they’re voting for. They win when the media chooses to report only what their donors want people to know – the same donors that fund the candidates on “both sides”. They win when money (influence) is permitted to flow unchecked into our government, from all corners, resulting in leaders that serve only their donors, to the complete exclusion of the interests of the country that they have sworn to serve.
These things can only happen, and have only happened, with the full participation of the citizens of this country.
Until our citizens demonstrate that they value factual information and reject the partisan smokescreen and opinion dressed as news which is all that the media seems capable of, then we will continue to get what we have. Incidentally, this all gets worse in direct proportion to the decline of our informed citizenry.
Look in the mirror.
Unquestionably one of the most influential albums of all time, changing the course of heavy music forever.
1. Life under Trump is sad and embarrassing for sure, but this is the only path that will lead to the eradication of the tone deaf, greedy, corrupt political establishment and the media that makes them possible. It’s a small price to pay. I shan’t miss any of them.
2. I’m very tired of trying to say simple things more simply, so that the simple minded can understand them. It’s almost like people have made a conscious choice to be ignorant.
3. Lack of snow this winter has made me question my will to live.
4. Best television character of all time: Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Dale Cooper.
5. I am not opposed to work. I am opposed to spending my life laboring in irrelevance.
6. In the end, I love David Brent. But I don’t think I’d want to spend much time with him.
7. There is unrest in the forest. There is trouble with the trees. For the maples want more sunlight. And the oaks ignore their pleas.
8. America has become a First World, Third World Country. Half the population is poor and you can’t drink the water. Wealthiest nation on Earth.
9. These politicians. It’s almost like they value money more than anything else.
10. Literally EVERYTHING is for sale in this country.
11. I love the National Parks and the National Park Service. Even though we stole our Park lands from the Native Americans.